Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Changing Mentality

It's kind-of interesting when you look back and realize what changes you can already detect. It's like I'm cognizant of the way my mentality is changing, just from Indiana to Wisconsin... here are a few for instances...

1. My walking commute distance is over 3 x's as long as my longest at Butler was. I complained all the time at BU if I had to park there and I haven't complained once about my walk here.

2. In Indiana, it would be common to drive 30 minutes to get to the Super Target, Petco, Hobby Lobby...etc. and we'd willingly do it even on work nights. Here, once we're in for the night, we like to be in. My work commute is half of what it was in Indiana and I'm already thinking that it is SO long! :)

3. My cold weather gear that I used to have, I'd whipped out in October. Needless to say, I've invested in a new hat, scarf and another set of my favorite mittens!!

4. I'm looking forward to the holidays so much more than I have since I was like 10! I already have butterflies in my stomach before bed each night because I know that in only 5 days I'll be heading to Indiana and seeing EVERYONE!! I'm just so excited about little things and I think I cherish the time I get with my family so much more than before!

No comments: