Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nate and Court are Married!

My brother-in-law married his sweetheart yesterday in a beautiful outdoor ceremony in Joliet, Illinois, at the Patrick Haley Mansion. I'll post some pictures of that in a few days; but in honor of their big day, I wanted to showcase some things from the shower I hosted for them in Marshall, Illinois in April.




This is Courtney (middle), her mom and her sister. They are wearing the nametags J and I created for the shower with Martha's help. 





The photo above shows us in the midst of nametag making. Check our Martha's site for the full tutorial. Make sure to measure exactly in order for the pieces to match up. It is also helpful to have a second set of hands when you're gluing the pinwheel to the circle bases.
The finished product is above. We gave guests the option of writing their own name or using the printed names we provided. It was fun to see everyone's personality show up.




We created a beautiful tablescape for the shower with purple and green. My other brother-in-law's sweet girlfriend helped by creating the flower arrangements and corsages.




I also handmade "love birds" for the shower based on Ann Woods' sweetheart birds. I used styrofoam, tissue paper, felt, sparkles, toothpicks and lace to create them. I even handmade the top hat based on Ann's diy directions. Find them here. Sculpting the birds was a little messy and applying the tissue paper was a little sticky but I had a fun time watching them come to life. They were so cute displayed on the dessert table. My birds cost approximately $7 total and Ann charges over $200. I like mine just as well for the price! I got the styrofoam at the Dollar Tree. I had felt, white tissue, spray adhesive, toothpicks and sparkles on hand at home.  I purchased a few flowers and a piece of lace for the dress from Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon.
Congrats to Nate and Court as they begin their ever after! Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: