Friday, September 13, 2013

Sleep

My Daredevil is growing up! We were a co-sleeping family until early September but I didn't want to say anything for fear I'd jinx our progress. But, I tell you. We really waited until he was ready and the transition was SUPER easy.

It is safe to say that I'm having a much harder time sleeping without him than vice versa. It doesn't hurt that Benton sleeps with him everynight so he still has a cuddle bug. Well, I still have Phin but I'm used to Daredevil AND Phin. I will get used to it. I will.

But he loves it. He's all over his bed.


PJs on for naptime and bedtime, lights off,  nightlight on, sound machine on, fan on high, cover with two blankies, kisses and prayers and he is ready. He has a sippy cup nearby if he needs it and then I leave. I turn on the monitor to make sure he's ok. If he does hop up, I put him back down with more kisses, but normally he's great unless he gets over-tired which does happen.



I'm just so proud of him, and me. He is loving his giant bed and his new bedtime routine.

No comments: