Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Babies, babies, babies!!

If you know us, you know that we're surrounded by beautiful, squealing babies and glowing, pregnant mommies... I'm not sure what it is, some have suggested that it's in the water so I'm filtering my water. :) Anyway, when my best friend was pregnant with her first child two years ago, she bought these super cute letters that spell out her daughter's name. They were adorable but for the $20 per letter price tag, I thought I'd give it a go!

I just got some wooden letters from Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics. I found some at JoAnns for $.50 each so I stocked up on those. The ones at Michaels were closer to $1.00 each with my 40% off coupons. I used ribbon that I already had in my stash. I made sure to get the correct baby name spelling from each new mommy and I also asked about their decor, or if it was a surprise, I paid attention to their registry picks. It gave me a good place to start.

Here's how some turned out...

And a close up of the details...
Notice B's paws? He was trying to help me stay on task. The picture is only a portion of Nicholas's name for his room before I attached the ribbon, but it shows the detail best of any picture I took.  This was for a dear friend and they really loved them. I got a picture soon after of the name up on the wall above the crib!

I think that they turned out great. All the new mommies have loved them and for about $2 per letter or less, you can't go wrong! I had a blast making, packaging and delivering these. I hope you do, too!

No comments: