Monday, May 26, 2014

Measure Twice, Cut Once

I took a sewing class last week to learn how to make an equilateral triangle pillow. I used to hate measuring, but now that I'm getting into quilting, I'm starting to enjoy it as simply part of the process. Anyway, at the class we cut around 60 triangles that were, incredibly, all the same size!


It takes so long to cut and piece everything, that we got to finish the pillow ourselves. I've done pillows, all kinds of pillows, so no big deal. Right? Right? Hahahah. You totally know where this is headed.



I cut everything quickly with my rotary cutter based on the dimensions provided from the instructor (and based on my pillow form). Then you hem up the seams and sew it to the back of the pillow. Boom. Done.

Except one was too short. By about 2 inches.


That old adage to measure twice and cut once really came into play here. Oy. I made do with what I had because I didn't have enough fabric to recut the piece. Once it was all pieced together, it didn't look too bad, just an extra seam.

Here's the pillow in its glory on the guest bed. Thoughts?


No comments: