Monday, January 10, 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

You know that you've had a busy weekend when you wake up Monday morning and wish you had just one more Sunday to work on getting things done. That is 100% what I thought of the second I opened my eyes this morning.

I will say that it was a productive weekend.... a VERY productive weekend... that involved sending over 500 lbs of stuff to Goodwill, putting some items on CraigsList, scanning 3000+ photos so I can dump the actual photos, hanging up a life-size wall map, hanging up 4 dishes and 1 picture, reorganizing 3 closets, fixing baseboard, making goodies for my sister's upcoming birthday party that I'm hosting, wrapping gifts for our Brown family outing next weekend, vacuuming under all of the furniture in my bedroom in addition to the weekly cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, church outing, etc. J and I even made time to watch a 4.5 hr mini-series off NetFlix, too. It was a fun weekend in my opinion!


Note: If you ever want to feel like Tom Hanks in The Terminal, take my advice and just bring 3,000+ photos to Sam's Club to scan. You'll be there for so long it'll feel like you've moved in... we watched TV, got sodas and refills, went to the bathroom, walked about and just made ourselves comfortable. We were there for over 4 hours, yes, you read that correctly... 4 HOURS! And the sad part is that I still have at least that same amount to still scan!


Don't you love the map? My MIL scored this for $10! LOVE IT!

In order to do this, though, I did declare this a no-cook weekend which meant we ate something that didn't require cooking or we ate out. By Sunday afternoon it was humorous, but honestly, not cooking allowed me the time to get all these other things done! I had Q for the first time in almost 3 years... and it wasn't as good as I remembered. Oh well.

Tonight is Life Group and I'm so ready to meet our new group members. I hope you have a productive week!

No comments: