Friday, July 1, 2011

Countertops are Coming Along!

We got our countertops started the other day. It takes a few days to complete the project because of the drying times and different applications. Maybe I'll show you what my dining room looks like during all this... or maybe I won't. It's pretty bad!

Here is our before picture. Bland and gray/blue. Beautiful.... haha!


This is minutes after the sanding, painting and chips were applied. You have to do it fast, like in 20 minutes once you start painting the base on. 


This is the result after it sat for 12 hours drying. Now comes the vacuuming and sanding. Once sanded, we put the protective top-coat on!



It already looks so much nicer. I can't wait to see the finished product. My dad is an interior and exterior professional painter and he was RAVING about the product!

My mom and dad have done so much since they've been here this week... my dad mowed the yard, painted some trim, helped with the countertops and more. My mom has cooked and kept our laundry going and been someone to talk to. We are so blessed.

No comments: