Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Midnight Ramblings

Good night, good morning? Umm, it's technically Wednesday so we'll go with morning. I'm up in the living room, sitting in the quiet. All I hear is the ticking of the clock, the tapping of the keys and the hum of the baby monitor. Finally five minutes of me time.


What. A. Night. Daredevil finally shut his eyes at 11:23pm. 11:23PM. After an hour and a half of me trying and him fighting sleep. He fell asleep in the rocking chair, with me holding him and him half on top of me, with a pose similar to Dr Evil. Oy vey. He sure wore me out. These molars - teeth #11 and #12 - have been NIGHTMARES. I've taken him to urgent care, only to find out it was still his teeth. Ugh. I wish I could make him feel better. I feel like these two teeth have been worse than all his other teeth combined.



Book club was fabulous tonight even though I didn't read the book. Like that's actually a requirement. Hah! It was just what I needed. Time away with some awesome girl friends. Because of ^ molars, Daredevil has been extra clingy so it was nice to have an hour without a shadow and secretly, I think Mr Tech Guy liked the one-on-one with him. It was also nice to just be there. For those curious, the book we read was Minaret and the verdict was that it was lukewarm.

This week is the sale week at Half Price Books which means that we've all been going everyday. It's just about the only time of year I shop there, but I love getting books even more on sale. I've gotten some really good ones, too. I've made Twin and Mr Tech Guy go with us! I've gotten Jodi's new book, the City of Dark Magic, and several great books for Daredevil. I even got a notebook to keep with all my MOMS stuff... it's the Hungry Caterpillar and I love it!

My sister is still in the hospital. She's still pretty out of it. Tomorrow Today, later today, we should know more once she gets up and about more. I think God might seriously be sick of my constant prayers.


I decided today that if it's going to be in the mid-90's and humid as all get out, it should at least be sunny. I held a vote today. It wasn't unanimous. Twin had to vote nay just despite me. But, seriously, how is that ok? Dreary AND 90 AND humid? What? Daredevil and I had a dance party in the downpour while playing in the driveway today. We were attempting to get the trash and recycle bin inside before the rain when we got caught in it so we just had a little fun. He loved playing in it but it was hilarious to see him try to figure out where the water was coming from.

Daredevil did manage to play at the library for awhile today. That is my go to when it rains right now. It seems like we always happen to have a friend there and there's a lot to do and a big safe space to play in. I really think this child gets bored when we only play at home. So with the rain the past few days, he was getting stir crazy.


He does love playing with the dogs. He chases them around and around the house. He tries to catch their tails. He loves when they rough house or run around like a hyena. I think he thinks that they're putting on a show for him. Today, B had had enough playtime so I put him downstairs to rest and Daredevil started telling me "ban." For the life of me I couldn't figure out what he wanted. Later I figured that he might've been asking for Ben, I just couldn't tell. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Time will tell. And it is true that Ben is his favorite.

What else, what else, what else.... craft night is tomorrow night! Woohoo. I'm so stoked for this. Hmm, the living room needs picked up but it may have to wait until tomorrow later today. Does anyone out there watch The Bachelorette? It's my disgusting guilty pleasure. I DVR it so I can skip through a lot of the junk but I'm still curious as to who she ends up with. Gotta be Drew, Chris or Brooks but I don't really know who I'm rooting for. Normally, I have a sure bet by now.



No comments: