Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What a Boy Wants

My son is a boy who knows exactly what he wants, when he wants it, where he wants it and how he wants it. And he ain't afraid to show you...

When at the park the other morning, we were playing and having a good time. We'd been playing for about a half hour when he climbed up to the second level, ran down the entire wrap around 2-story playground, grabbed my hand, marched me to the car and attempted to open the car door. I guess it was time to go.


Daredevil is known to fight bedtime so normally he can stay up until someone makes it be bedtime. One night, about quarter til 9pm, I was getting his bedtime stuff ready -- fresh blankie, fresh sippie cup, etc -- and he comes up behind me in the hallway, grabs his new blankie, goes to bed and lays on the floor right beside the bed. Mr Tech Guy couldn't believe it when I told him.


He used to bring you his book or his shoes to show you what he wanted (to go outside or have music or story-time). Now, he just grabs you and pulls until you get up and follow him to where/what it is that he wants.

I think it is awesome to see his interests come out. He is such a character. It really cracks me up. He definitley knows what a boy wants!

No comments: