Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lazy

Where have I been? A whole week.... no posts... no excuses? Eeek. Well, Twin went on a work trip and took my his laptop charging cable. Instead of using his spare downstairs, or trying to locate the one I lost on vacation, I suffered in silence without a charge. He came back Thursday and somehow it still didn't get charged until Mr Tech Guy did it for me on Saturday morning. Lazy, I tell you. Thank goodness he's good at taking care of electronics. I'm like his worst nightmare. Ok, I digress.

Anywho, how are you out in the interwebs? You all hanging in there? Enjoying the last few weeks of summer... but wait, a lot of you are back in school now... so is it still considered summer? Here in Madison, it is definitely still summer. Kids have a week or so left of summer break and we have a record heatwave coming at us the next few days. What?? You all know I'll be hiding inside cranking up the AC.

I hear JT blew it out of the water tonight at the VMAs. I DVRd it but haven't seen it yet. Believe it or not, I was FINALLY watching Argo. Good. I liked it. I think I liked Olympus has Fallen better though. Is that a crime against movie watching? Daredevil went to bed at 7, so I watched them BOTH. Alert the media.

A whole week without posting, I don't even know what I've forgotten to tell you..... well....

I know that we missed the peak of the sunflowers but we finally spent an evening out there anyway. I love Pope Farms this time of year.




We finally made the trekk to Picnic Point. Daredevil loved running into the lake, digging in the dirt or sand, finding treasures, etc. It was a blast.








I had a great moms night out in Mt Horeb for a wine tasting with some great friends. I had a blueberry wine that was smurf blue. But it was good.


We've also discovered that Daredevil loves running through puddles and sprinkles, the pups love the homemade ice cub toys I made them and I still love getting lost in Hobby Lobby.



We spent a lot of time at the garden... tomatoes are so yummy and there are so many! Not to mention we got our CSA on top of it all on Thursday so I've been cooking up some great dinners here lately. Not tooting my own horn, but they've been great!



I found some time for crafting during our family movie night on Friday. We watched Just Go With It and Meet the Robinsons. It was a great night in.


Daredevil and I had a date to the Farmer's Market this weekend... just the two of us (cue Will Smith). It was super fun, he was super awesome and we got some super fantastic goodies. He is loving his yellow watermelon, Twin and Mr Tech Guy loved the kettle corn and I'm loving everything else (apricots, flowers, basil, cabbage, carrots, etc). The guys were at a movie (Jobs) so we had the morning to ourselves.


I FINALLY have the Crafty Mommas outings planned for the rest of the year, playgroup playdates have all been doled out, September MOMS Club outings planned, a TON of stuff taken to St Vincent de Paul or listed on CraigsList and I have FINALLY picked the paint colors for the master and playroom! My parents arrived today so my dad and I are getting to work tomorrow. I have a list of projects that he's in denial about. I'll keep you posted.

So it was a busy week. I feel like I needed that week to get caught up on life things. You know the things that take a backseat when life gets busy. So, yea, I finally got my eyebrows threaded on Friday because they were in desperate need of it. See, getting things done!


Here's to getting more things done and purging more things, too.

No comments: