Friday, August 8, 2008

It's about time...

So I just realized that some of you may not know that much about me, or Jared or our life. Therefore, I thought it might be beneficial to take a TV timeout to give you some specifics about our life.


Here goes...


Jared and I were both raised in Kokomo, IN and we graduated from high school in 2002. We went to different universities for college but started dating in October of our freshmen year. We've been in love ever since and we got married in January 2007. Soon after we bought our first home in Carmel, adopted 3 dogs and 7 fish, joined a church and started graduate school for our MBAs.


Let me backtrack here - I went to Butler University where I graduated in May 2006 with a BS in Marketing and a double major in Journalism. I am an Alpha Phi and I was the Panhellenic President my junior/senior year at Butler. I love being Greek. I was also extremely active all over campus doing a variety of things. Anyway, after graduation I accepted my first job in the Office of Admission at Butler planning their events. It has been an incredible job and now I'm anxious on where I'll land in Madison.


Jared started at IU-Bloomington in the Kelley School of Business but after a year he decided to transfer to Indiana State in Terre Haute. He decided to major in Business Administration, Business Education and Information Design End-User Computing (or IT, for us less techie folks). He is a member of Pi Omega Pi and worked dillegently through college in their computer labs doing Help Desk type stuff. He graduated in December 2006. After graduation he started working for Legacy Financial Group in Kokomo, IN.


Now, we live in Carmel (for a few more days) in the house we love that we've only lived in for a year and a half. In that house we have our 3 precious babies (or dogs, you know, whatever!); Oliver, Benton and Phinneas. We adopted them only months apart and they all just celebrated their first birthdays. We had a huge joint birthday party for them at our house but we've also celebrated their individual birthdays as well. Oliver is a golden retriever/cocker spaniel mix who is tender, sensitive and gorgeous. He gives the best kisses and is the object of his Uncle Josh's affection. Benton is a border collie mutt. Jared commonly refers to him as our black and white dog. He is the best at playing fetch and he can outbark just about anyone in the neighborhood. Phinneas is my kindred spirit... he's a black lab/cocker spaniel mix who has stolen my heart. He is the baby of the group but also the biggest (by 6 inches and 10 pounds). He will eat ANYTHING but he loves to snuggle and he is so sweet.
So that's a quick rundown of our life! Things are about to get crazy!

No comments: