Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent

Advent is more than opening a door for a piece of candy or the counting down to Christmas, its a time to prepare our hearts for "the coming," or rather for Jesus. I made an advent calendar, and I love it, but I want it to be more than just small gifts each day for those I love most in this world, I want it to be a reminder of Jesus and why we celebrate this season. Without advent, without Jesus's coming, how would our world be different? We have so much to rejoice and celebrate this month as we prepare our hearts. Let Jesus come into us and help each of us to be more like Him this month, and all year.

I'll get off of my soap box now, but it truly has been weighing on my heart how secular this holiday is. J and I are doing 25 things (1 each day) to bring Him back to the center on the season. More on that later.

Now, for the actuality of my advent. It does look a lot like the PB one but I kept my pails white to match my kitchen more.

I had a blast filling these with treats my family would love, too.


Day #1 was full of mini-treats for the pups. They were anxiously awaiting them, too.




I do fully realize that my pups will never understand that Jesus is why they get treats all month, but hey, I love them and they need some Christmas cheer, too.

No comments: