Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DIY -- Christmas for Grown-Up Idea

The anniversary gift that I blogged about here have really been a big hit. I made one as a Christmas gift for my dear friend and my MIL has asked me to make a few for her close friends. My road-trip companion also made one for a new mom-to-be and it was the hit of the shower! There is so much you can do with these.

I decided to make a variation of these for my best friend for above her bed in the master bedroom. I got the frames at the Dollar Tree, the wood at Home Depot and  I chose the letters. Her bedroom is brown, black and blue so I went with black and white letters with blue ribbon. I think it'll work out great. A little money, a few hours and a lot of love = a super personal piece of art.

The really tricky part is getting the frames attached to the wood backing. I handily passed that task off to my incredible husband who fiddled with it until it stayed! Thank you, J.


Here it is without the ribbon. I'll be sure to post a picture once she gets it up in her house!!


And, unless you are currently living under a rock or the South Pacific, I'm sure you've heard of the crazy blizzard that has struck the Mid-West. Well, it hit Wisconsin and here's a picture of my favorite snowman.


Happy fa-la-la-laaing!

No comments: