Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Anniversary -- DIY Idea

Warning: You will want to have one or make one of the below items. Be prepared to carve out some crafting time this week!

I always love trying new crafting ideas -- some that work, some that don't. I saw this idea on another blog and instantly had to create my own. Check out her designs here.


When I first saw it, I thought it would be an awesome wedding or anniversary gift so that is what I created. I made some great wedding and anniversary gifts. The pictures above are the ones I created for J and I. I have it in our bedroom and I love looking at it. J says that he likes it, too.

I've been thinking of enlarging it and printing it on canvas or modpodging it on canvas to make it even more of an art piece. Who knows? For now, my $1 picture in my bedroom is perfect.


I made the one above for the Brown Newlyweds. They like shades of silver and gold with a modern twist... I hope that they liked it.

To make your own, sift through these images and create your own document in Word or Photoshop.  You can crop to whichever size you want the images and go to it. Print out at home of have it printed somewhere like Sam's, Costco, Snapfish or Shutterfly. So easy and such a unique finished product... as long as you only use the images for personal use (no selling).


This is the finished product of what I compiled for G&D for their anniversary gift. I made sure to coordinate with colors in their home and their own style and taste. I think it really reflects them. 

Happy Anniversary, Gwyn and Dave! Here's hoping you have an incredible day.

No comments: