Friday, August 20, 2010

Run, don't walk!

Run, don't walk, to your nearest Williams-Sonoma. I found this a few months ago when I was window shopping and fell deeply into lust. It may be what sparked my obsession with cake stands.

I kept attempting to find or create a cheaper version and I love some of the stands that I've acquired, but they never filled that void within my kitchen's heart.


Anyway, I was in W-S, signing up for a knife skills/cutting class and I saw a clearance table. Like some stores I worried how much clearance is clearance, you know? An amazing savings from $45 to $44.99. Right, I was skeptical. So, back to the story. I approach the table and I spy it. MY CAKE STAND. Mine. Right there on the clearance table. I look around before picking it up, thinking that there must  be several other crazy women about to jump over me to get the item and no one was there. So I grabbed it, closed my eyes, flipped it over, took a deep breath and opened my eyes back up. Guess what I found? A bright red sticker for $9.99. I couldn't believe my luck so I quickly made haste, bought my treasure and booked it out of there! Please note: online it still shows the stand for full price of $42.

Here it is at home in all its glory. I love it more today than yesterday. So sweet.



I wonder what I'll fall into lust with when I go to my cutting class next week. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: