Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Those dog days of summer! My summer Top 10!

This summer, well really, the whole year has flown by! I can hardly believe that we're headed into September. I figured I should take one last look at those dog days of summer. We really had a blessed summer full of family visits, fun outings and new experiences. Here are my Top 10 of summer (in no particular order). Warning: This is a long post, a really long post, so read with caution.

1. Olbrich Gardens & Butterfly Exhibit




2. Henry Vilas Zoo

Aubs rode the carousel until it closed down (true story) and had fun running around (literally) and looking at all of the real animals.



3. Lake Monona & Atwood Beach



I love how you can see her toenail polish. My love for her is incredible.




4. Concerts on the Square

We made it to two of the concerts this year. The first one we went to was with some folks from work. We had a table at a 5 course meal served. This was the 2nd time we'd been invited to attend with them and it was, once again, a lot of fun. Plus I loved the music. That night it was "POPERazzi"or hip Opera!

A few weeks later, we took my family to the Beatles Tribute. They brought in a tribute band from Vegas and they played with the symphony. It was great.


5. Tour Epic's Verona Campus



My favorite part was the hot pink wall. Can you tell? Nick preferred the slide (above).


6. Driving Range


7. Bowling



8. Boating on Lake Geneva


9. Tour the Jelly Belly Factory in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (and wear an awesome hat)

 
10. Recreational Volleyball (which happened to include food quite often)


We don't have a team shot, but I wanted to show off our awesome, hand-designed team t-shirts. This was on Sam's birthday. Here he is with his birthday pie!


Kayaking is also totally on my list... it would be #0 or #11, or both, because I love it so much. However, I can't find the pictures anywhere and I KNOW that I took photos. Nick and I had an awesome day kayaking on Lake Wingra when he was here. They had to force us in when our time was up. I think we could've stayed out there all day long. I really want a kayak. A pink one. And a yellow paddle. With a black life jacket. I really want one. I found one on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods and I almost... ALMOST.. walked out with it. I went back and it was off sale. Such is life. I'll start saving my pennies.

No comments: