Monday, February 21, 2011

The Cookie Quest

I love the red velvet cookies from Paradise Bakery. They are cakey, moist, delicious and I just love them. I only get them when I'm Indy, so they are quite the treat for me. However, I decided I should try to make some that taste like it...hence my "Cookie Quest."

I hunted hi and low for a copycat recipe but there are none to be found, so I started looking for red velvet cookie recipes that seemed to result in a similar type cookie at the one at Paradise Bakery. I even read the reviews to see which ones were really similar.

For my first try, I settled on a quick and easy recipe. Red Velvet cake mix, 1 egg, 1 brick cream cheese, 1 stick of butter and 1 T vanilla.


Blend.


Chill for 2 hours before baking 12 minutes at 350.


Viola for my cookie quest trial #1. I was out of powdered sugar and I really think that would've helped them a bit. But they really did share a lot of the qualities as the Paradise Bakery cookie. Not quite as good but they will definitely do when I'm hungry for one and no trip to Indiana in the near future.