Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Steph is 40! Party #2!

Since Steph knew that I wouldn't let this birthday pass without some sort of fanfare, I planned another party that she did know about. I picked her favorite Italian restaurant and some of her favorite women and made a girls' luncheon out of it. This event was much easier to coordinate since I just paid the restaurant to do most of the work, but it wouldn't be my style to not put my signature touch on it.


I used my "inspiration" wrapping paper as a table runner for the dining table and the cake table. I bought a few balloons for the cake table, too. My sister's ex-MIL made the cake as well as some white chocolate suckers! DELICIOUS!


Made place cards with a little help from Martha.


Also at the place setting was a bookmark commemorating her 40th birthday, thanks to Wordle. I used Wordle to design it, then I printed and cut it and I sewed on the ribbon. Make sure you repeat the most important words so that they show up larger. Cute and easy.


I also used an monogram template from Martha to doll up the favors which were Lacura Milk and Honey lip balm (Steph loves the brand). The little girls also got a mini tiara for their hair.


Somehow I didn't get any pictures of us enjoying the party so when I track some down, I'll post them! But, I promise, we had a great time.

No comments: