Friday, February 4, 2011

Surprise Party Details

Well let me tell you that I moved everything but my kitchen sink to Indiana for this surprise party... platters, cake stands, food, decorations, etc! It was party central.

Here's how everything turned out.

Appetizer area while we waited for the surprise.


The dessert and gift table. Instead of a favor, I created a candy bar out of Steph's favorite candies.

 
 
 
 

When you first walked in, I added pictures of Steph growing up, some candles and a happy birthday banner that you can't see below. We had a slideshow running in the conference room that J put together for me.


I made a surprise banner to go above the buffet line. It's also in prime view when you enter the building. We had a taco bar for dinner since my sister loves Mexican!


In the conference room we set up tables with linens and I made three table runners out of a thrift store bed skirt (the third was used on the cake table) and I used ribbon for the remaining two tables.


My sister's favorite color is purple so I used that for inspiration for the party and the invites! My color scheme was gray and purple. Since she didn't get a copy of the invite, I thought I'd put it up here. I got it off etsy and the seller sent me the pdf! Perfect!



Super fun time planning this party and I was so thrilled that she was surprised!

No comments: