Friday, February 11, 2011

The Man, The Myth, The Legend

 
During the Conference, not only did I get to meet and reconnect with a ton of wonderful people, I also got to meet a Career Development icon -- Dick Bolles, author of What Color is Your Parachute. I don't know who hasn't heard of or been impacted by his wisdom, but it was such an honor to meet him and chat with him for awhile.


For his 83 years, he was fiesty and witty. He gave our Wednesday keynote address so it was great to sneak in conversations when he was waiting for his limo or waiting to be introduced, etc. I still remember studying his work in my freshman "business experience" class at Butler and here I am now, nearly a decade later, meeting him. So neat.

In true Danielle fashion, I told him how we studied him in college. He replied, "What, my ankles or my feet?" Took me a minute before I chuckled and said, "No, your work." I couldn't really think of a witty comeback, but all-in-all it was quite comical.

No comments: