Monday, February 7, 2011

Surprise Party DIY

Here are the things I DIYed for the surprise party...

1. The three banners - Surprise, Steph is 40 and Happy Birthday - all using scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby, purple ribbon and my Cricut Cutter. It was the first time I got to use it and I loved it. Saved me a TON of time cutting out letters.


2. The table runners - as I mentioned before, I found a beautiful bedskirt for $1.50 that I tore up and made into three table runners that were a gorgeous gray/silver color. Aren't they great? Already thinking of places to reuse them.


3. I found little Chinese take-out boxes in silver at the Dollar Tree for 5 for $1. I bought 30 and tied purple ribbon around each handle. I also found a "Candy Bar" design online that you can customize and print for free. I created what I wanted, J re-sized it and helped me print it on circular labels I already had in my stash. An easy and cheap way to customize the candy bar take-out boxes.


It was a fun way to make everything more personal! I hope the birthday girl liked it... and that was why I couldn't show you any of my crafts lately, although I have been working on other things, too!

No comments: