Thursday, December 19, 2013

Scrooge

Yesterday was a not so fun, nothing going my way, boring, lazy, failure kind of day. I felt like a failure as a wife, mom, friend, etc. you name it. Daredevil spent too much time inside, or in front of the tv, or eating junk. I didn't seen to actually finish anything. Mr Tech Guy and I got in an argument - out worst in a long long time - because I was dumb. Ok, I'm sure you get it by now. Yesterday wasn't my day. Which meant that I was choosing to have a better day today. I think I ran my boy ragged but a better day we had. 

As soon as my feet hit the floor, I was working. I did my morning routine including showering and getting dressed "to shoes" - thanks, FlyLady. Then I laid out all the snacks and cookie decorating supplies for my board meeting this morning. 


Daredevil woke up and he got snuggles before getting dressed and having breakfast. We had the board meeting which included opening gifts that Bernard had brought us back from the North Pole. 


They were winners. Then we decorated holiday cookies that Daredevil and I made yesterday. 


Daredevil preferred the icing. 



Almost immediately after cleaning up from the party, we left to meet daddy for lunch. Daddy arrived and discovered his friends were there so we got to eat lunch with them as well. Then we played at the library for almost two hours. Daredevil loves it there. Playing, reading, exploring. 







Once he'd run off the sillies, we headed to Trader Joe's for a few things. Then we ran by Old Navy because sweaters were on sale for $10. $130 later we left and headed home via McDs for a large unsweet tea. Once back, we rested a bit and played and read. Then we had leftovers for dinner followed by an early bath. 

I hosted a white elephant gift exchange for MOMS Club and it was a lot of fun. Daredevil and Mr Tech Guy were asleep (yes, at 7, yes, both of them). We had a hilarious time eating, visiting and "stealing" gifts. I love what I got! 



Once my friends left I cleaned up and got busy getting some treats ready for Mr Tech Guy to take to work. Now that the treats are all set I'm heading to bed. 


Today has been a lot better than yesterday. I'm now focusing on our holiday plans!! Busy busy! 


No comments: