Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Cold...

I know it may be funny to say, but it just that, COLD! It snowed on and off all weekend and it atcually struck me as hilarious. I think it kind-of hit me that it was going to be cold and snowy from now until late March and that this was home and that I just needed to get used to it.

I woke up Saturday morning when we had our first bit of snow accumulation and it was still flurrying and I told Jared, "It's Christmas!" Which, in turn, put me in the mood to decorate for Christmas so that's what we did all weekend. We watched Christmas movies, listened to Christmas music, decorated the house and drank hot cocoa! We had a blast. Just the two of us and the pups Christmas-ing the house! Now I wake up in the Christmas mood and we have more time to enjoy it.
I'm almost done with Christmas shopping and I'm excited to start wrapping. Each family has their own color/type of wrapping paper and ribbon so that I can keep it better organized now that we're traveling so much this year.

My goal this week is to get a library card, finish the book I'm reading, put up outside Christmas lights, find a great dessert recipe for Thanksgiving and start wrapping presents!!!! Whew. This town is beginning to feel like home. I think the Christmas trees help!

No comments: