Friday, August 19, 2011

What Summer?

The UW students arrived back on campus this week and it made me really sad to realize that summer is coming to a close and I still have that feeling of 'What Summer?!' Between working full time, sleeping, taking the intensive credentialing course, staying cool, house improvements and keeping up with life and visitors, I have that sensation that time has slipped me by.

Don't get me wrong, we've made lots of wonderful memories this summer and gotten a lot accomplished but I just feel like we didn't spend enough time on the back deck simply enjoying the fireflies.

I just can hardly believe that everyone is heading back to school and the school year rhythm will be upon us. We're doing our best to enjoy the remaining bits of August before the craziness of September begins, but I still can't help to wonder where the summer went.

But I can't lie and say that I'm not so so so super excited for the infamous sweater weather, bonfires, apple cider, hay rides, pumpkin picking and carving, etc! I love fall and I'm actually really excited for it to make its entrance this year!

No comments: