Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Temporarily Employed

Well, I wanted to share with all of you that I have accepted a temporary position with the University of Wisconsin - Madison in the Center on Education and Work. I am going to be working for them full-time until mid-March as a Conference Assistant for a large career-centered conference that takes place in Madison at the end of January. I'll be 1/2 of the conference team with the exception of student workers. I just got the job offer yesterday afternoon and I've decided to take the position. I was a little bit of a committment-phobic with this job and with a lot of support from my family and friends (thanks, Beth!), I decided to go for it. The worst it can do is keep me occupied, give me some extra money and help me learn my way around. The best it could do would be to help me network and meet new people. You never know. I am excited about having a job, having somewhere to "be." I start on October 1st!

No comments: