Thursday, July 8, 2010

Minnie Mouse is in the House!

When my God-daughter Aubrey turned two last month I knew I wanted to contribute somehow, but being 5 hours away doesn't really facilitate easy party planning. Luckily, my best friend is awesome and let me contribute some craftiness to the party. I wanted to share some of what I did here for you to see (and duplicate, if you ever have the need).


I made these treat bags from felt, grossgrain ribbon in two sizes and my sewing machine. Dimensions and detailed instructions are available here.




Because of the light, I couldn't get a good shot of the banner but it says Happy 2nd Birthday Aubrey in the Mickey ear font. I used an exacto knife to cut out all of the ears and letters. I used a sturdier felt for the actual pennants Then I sewed them together using a tiny ribbon and black thread.

I also made her a nametag using some scraps and a sash to wear that said Happy Birthday using up the leftovers from the banner. They were adorable but I forgot to take pictures of it in the moment... go figure! I promise, I'll get better at this. Since I missed a lot of photo ops, check out this Minnie party.


Notice the re-usable pink polka dot bag with mouse-eared tag above. That was our contribution to the goodies (which has a Woody doll inside). We also made her this one-of-a-kind stool since she's at the height and age to want to start helping her mama.


It was so much fun prepping for the party. I think the birthday girl had fun, too!

No comments: