Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Birthday -- DIY Idea

I was looking for a unique bookmark for M for her birthday since she collects bookmarks. I found a beautiful one that I ended up buying for her, but I also found a cool idea on etsy. I thought I could make one for M with her personality in mind. I figured I'd give it a whirl.


Start with some stretchy gross-grain ribbon, or elastic, whichever you choose and a neat pendant, button, bead or treasure.



Measure the ribbon around several different size books to find the right fit. Remember, it stretches so you want it tighter than looser. Sew the ends together.


Then I hand stitched the medallion to the band securely.


Viola!



This incredible bookmark can also double as a dog collar or a headband! Love it!



A cool gift for a reader or teacher that takes all of 5 minutes!!

Happy Birthday, M! Hope it's an awesome day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks sweetie! I love it!