Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quick Halloween Wreath -- DIY Idea

My parents are in transit to Arizona right now and last night, they ran over a piece of another car in the middle of the highway and wrecked their car. They are waiting to find out how much and how long. At least it happened near a major city so that the tow truck could get to them quickly and the are plenty of auto repair shops around. Anyway, while we were waiting on word last night, I was anxious, so I craft. J and Twin even took the dogs on a long ride so the house was eerily quiet while I crafted... so I texted. :)

Anyway, this is a quick and easy craft. Take 10-15 minutes and about $3. That's it.

You need 1 roll of streamers, a hot glue gun, scissors, ribbon or decorative piece and a wood or foam wreath from the Dollar Tree. I chose orange since my front door is black, but I think Black would've been even cuter.


You wrap the streamers around the entire wreath, securing it in a few spots with hot glue.


After the base color is secured, you can start making the wreath come to life.



Here is my final product. I wish I would've used black and maybe had an additional ribbon for behind the cameo pin.



All in all, not bad for $3. A little Halloween color for the front door. Little girls would love to make this, just make sure you're there to help with the hot glue.

No comments: