Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Advent Calendar -- DIY Project

Right now, my household is gearing up for the holidays. I'm over half-way through my shopping list, I've determined the Christmas tree location for this year and I'm already working on the DIY gifts and projects I have planned for this year.

I've known that I've wanted an advent calendar for a long time. I recently found one that I really liked and is fairly unique. I've spent some time gathering up some items for my homemade advent calendar and I'm nearly ready to begin construction!

Here is my PB inspiration.



I've gathered similar sized branches from my yard, twine and small buckets from Oriental Trading. The only other supply I'll need will be stickers or stencils and spray paint. I'm hoping to stay under $30 for the whole thing... which is about 10% of the price of that! Wow! $260 in savings!!

I can't wait to fill mine with lottery tickets, dog treats, packs of gum and other exciting things! I can't wait to show you the finished product. I am really excited about this.

No comments: