Friday, November 5, 2010

Best of Indiana -- Knox Version

On our tour of the "homeland" last weekend, we got to sample the best of Indiana. I would like to share some of that with you in case you ever find yourself in North/Central Indiana with nothing to do!

Today's installment highlights Knox, Indiana.

Knox, IN, is where my best friend lives and I look forward to going there not only to see her and her family, but to shop! There are three stores all along the same stretch of road that just warm my heart -- Bailey's, Richards of Toto and GrandPause Farm. I only get to go about 2 times each year so I really look forward to my outings there.

Bailey's and Richards are bargain centers... think Big Lots on steroids. Bailey's is much larger (think a Sam's or Super WalMart) and you can find everything from the kitchen sink to food and candy to clothes. Richards is smaller but tends to have more decor than Bailey's. I love them both and couldn't possibly pick a favorite!

Here we are at Bailey's!



Outside of Richards is this Native American statue. He is huge and the sun was glaring so this is the best shot I could get.


At Richards, they have a restaurant attached that we love to have breakfast at. Here is Jared's favorite breakfast there... cinnamon swirl toast. It is quite good!


Here is the outside of Richards... nothing fancy but behind those doors! Oh my! Heather insists that if I lived there it would lose its luster.


GrandPause Farm is a little store tucked in the front yard of the owner's home. It has candles, crafts and homemade muffins that are out of this world. I always buy a muffin, a candle and make a donation to the local animal shelter at GrandPause. J just knows that this is part of my Knox routine!

Here is the cute exterior.


And the fantastic blueberry, oatmeal muffins. This time I picked up one for me and one for my sister.


I can't believe that the next time I'm probably going to get to shop here is in March when Baby Aiden will be entering this world! Can't wait!

No comments: