Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A fun shower on the cheap!

So, I love throwing parties and showers. If you know me well, you know I like to find any opportunity to do just that. Well J's cousin, Lindsey, is getting married in July and my MIL and I decided to throw her a bridal shower!


It was a small gathering of family and friends, but it was a wonderful time. Since we were having the shower at a relatives home, I decided to do it pretty inexpensively (i.e. nearly free).

I found a printable invite I fell in love with on etsy and started from there. I built the shower on mis-matched patterns, bright colors (yellow, teal, gray, pink) and paper. Yes, paper!
I wanted the shower to be festive and exciting, but, well, inexpensive. So, I grabbed some leftover paper from previous showers and events and went to work.

Things I made for the shower... banner(s), garland, pom-poms, pinwheels, table runners, favors, seed packet placecards, L<3 A glitter letters.... and maybe other things I'm forgetting.



For the banners, I used the free templates from Ruffled Blog. Some letters have multiple color options and some only have one option. They worked out perfectly for this shower in going with the bright color theme!


I made the circular garland with colored paper, my circle hole punch and my sewing machine. Super easy, quick and I think it adds some charm to the mantle (see above).


I also made pom-poms and pinwheels out of tissue paper and colored paper. We scattered them about!


I also made the favors and seed packet place cards. Favors were white pails filled with candy and tied with ribbon and your own little monogram pennant. The seed packets were just standard flower seed packets, covered in a variety of fun paper print-outs. Find all the designs here.


I also made the table runner shown above and below.


 All in all, it was a lot of fun and on the cheap. I always build some money into the budget to buy myself something that I can re-use in the future. For this shower, it was the platters and bowls below!



And just because, here is the beautiful cake!


Do you have a party I can plan next? I can't wait to talk about my next party!

No comments: