Friday, January 20, 2012

A Picture-Less Post

J is sick, I'm getting sick, I'm not sleeping much at all, things are not so exciting in the Brown house right now BUT I do think that the whole nesting thing has completely kicked in. I made a to do list by ROOM and I've been tackling it for the past three days. My to do list was over 4 pages long when I started. It's less than two at the current moment... not too bad. By the end of this weekend I think I'll be pretty much caught up and the nursery should be completely set-up. The only thing I have left to do in there is pre-wash the diapers and put up some toys.

One thing that has taken forever has been decorating that silly shelf in the bathroom! I want it to be functional but asthetically pleasing. I think I finally had an idea this morning so I should be all set with it tonight. Finally.

I'm also decluttering our "launch pad" -- do you have a launch pad? This is that space in the house that clutter and piles just CLING to. This location is on a bench in my kitchen just as you walk into the house from the garage. Let me tell you, you don't leave things there, they get up and walk there all by themselves. Each night I do a little bit more in this space...moving things to the appropriate location, sorting and purging things, filing other things away, etc. It looks a lot better than it did, but I still have along way to go. I'm thinking that by mid-day tomorrow it will finally be ready for the re-cluttering to begin. That's the thing with launch pads... it doesn't take long until they're right back in that original state.

Have you seen the movie Courageous? We watched it last night. I liked it but not as much as Fireproof. Probably because little man isn't here yet.



Happy Friday! Have a great weekend. Oh, and in case you're wondering, someone turned on the snow at precisely 9am today. 7 inches accumulating by 7pm! Sounds like a cozy night in to me!

No comments: