Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Running Buddies

I am crazy and signed up to run a 5k in 6 weeks.


Ummm, I can't run. Like, have an asthmatic fit with a slight jog. Like, if you see me running call the police because I'm probably being chased. Like, I'm truly crazy. Truly.

I've been wanting to run this for awhile so I just did it. I just signed-up... I even did it before the early bird deadline passed. It's the funniest thing though. Wanting to run it and signing up for it has been crazy motivation. I know that in 6 weeks you can't become a 5k runner, but it'll give me somewhere to start and something to aim for.


I started the C25k which I do 3X's/week. So far on the other days, I walk anywhere from 1-3 miles depending on the weather, Daredevil's mood, our schedule, etc.


My running buddies are awesome and they keep me in line. I think they have more fun than I do. Once it warms up on our non-C25k days, we'll most likely swing by the park on the way home making me the best ever.


I'm still pretty sure I'm nuts though. I wasn't going to even tell anyone I was doing it because it is so crazy sounding. And because I'm pretty sure I will chicken out. But what the heck, now you know. I'm crazy.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Um, I think it's awesome that you signed up! Talking to N tonight to see if he minds if I sign up, too! :)