Monday, May 20, 2013

Routines

Do you have routines? I'm trying to keep up my daily morning and evening routines going despite Owen's monthly changes and our ever-changing schedules.

Our Morning Chore Routine:
Make bed(s)
Start Laundry
Unload dishwasher
Swish and swipe master bathroom
Spray shower with cleaner
Windex living room

Our Nighttime Chore Routine:
Load and start dishwasher
Empty trash
Pick up all toys
Straighten up
Put up laundry
Water plants (unless it's raining)
Wipe down kitchen table, kitchen counters and dining table

That's the gist of what I aim to do each day, every day. I need to fit in swiffering the living room and kitchen every night but I'm always afraid it'll wake Daredevil. Maybe I should try it and see. Hmm, I'll try that tomorrow. Hah.

Once a week I make sure the basics are done thoroughly - dusting, vacuuming, mopping, etc.

In addition to this I change sheets on Wednesday and Sunday. I wash the dog blankets on Sundays. Wednesday is the day I do whatever I've been avoiding or procrastinating. Thursday is typically errand day.

I really flow with this schedule. I don't ever feel like I have too much on my plate to do. I don't feel like chores take out much of our family time when Mr Tech Guy is home. And, if a crisis pops up, I have time to handle it (broken vacuum, anyone?). Lately, it's allowed our focus to be outside since we don't have piles of laundry to do, dirty bathrooms to clean or filthy floors to mop. So far it's working for us. Hopefully I keep it up. It seems like the only time I really get off target is when we travel, even if we're only gone for a weekend. When we get back, everything is in disarray and it takes me days to get my groove back. Luckily, we aren't traveling for awhile.

How do you keep your home afloat? Anything I need to add to my daily list?

No comments: