Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Girl Called Dani

I got some alone time Monday evening to go play in my garden. It was awesome. It was the perfect night for some country air, dirt in the fingernails, sweet sweat, gentle breeze and nice conversation. It really couldn't have been a better summer night.


I spent over an hour out there weeding, watering, re-haying and inspecting my garden. I lost a lettuce and a cucumber already....due to the cold temps, I'm sure. Lettuce is normally pretty hardy, but sometimes you lose some. I'm replanting some chard in their place. Hopefully those take.

It was nice to just be quiet for most of the hour, to just be, working with my hands. It was so nice.


While I was working, two of Mr Tech Guy's great friends and I were talking and one offered me some hay. And he called me Dani.

I don't know why, but I love it when people call me Dani. I think it shows the level of friendship they have with me because not everyone can/will/knows to even call me Dani. It always pops up in the most unusual times. It always seems so special.

Anyway, I digress, but it was the icing on the cake.

I'm so thankful that Mr Tech Guy let me sneak away from a sick Daredevil to play in my garden.

And I'll leave you with one last picture from the garden. I love that next to our old county barn is a field chock full of solar panels. The new and the old.


No comments: