Friday, June 27, 2014

Italian Style Banquet

I casually, but officially, handed over the presidential reigns to the new President, Laura! I'm excited to hand it over and see how much further they can take the group. I had a blast being so involved and plan to stay involved but my life has shifted and I'll no longer be able to do as much as I once could. I'll still be around as the Blog Coordinator and the Crafty Mommas Coordinator, but I'm no longer on the board.

As my last hoorah, we had our annual MNO Banquet. This year we had it at an Italian restaurant and we did an Italy theme. Our game was Italian trivia, we dressed Italian (think Italian tourists or gondola drivers) and we ate Italian food. That was the extent of it.


Gifts, prizes, prizes and gifts! Lots of people to thank for a great year!





My fabulous friends. Laura's speech made me cry. This group of women has caught me when I needed catching several times in the short time I've known them. I prayed and prayed for friends ever since we moved to Madison. I knew that God knew my heart's desires and I just stayed steadfast and continued to pray for the gift of friendship. I had no idea that although it'd take 4 years, that he'd deliver so richly. I am so blessed by these women.

I do have to share the jist of Laura's speech because I don't want to forget it. She just got back from a month long sabbatical in France. She visited a nude beach while she was there and saw some 60+ year old women just hanging out and gabbing half nude. She knows that we'll be those friends when we're 60. Ugh, tears!







It was a beautiful night of friendship and celebration. Now about that wine and crayon idea... right, Sarah?

No comments: