Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kenya

In exactly one month, I will be on my way to Africa! I'm heading to Kenya to volunteer with 12 other people from my church to help out at Beacon of Hope. Beacon is an organization that works to empower women and children who have been affected by HIV/AIDS.

Beacon's compound. Photo by H Hassenzahl.

Visit the Beacon of Hope website for more details about this incredible organization. Or, watch the video that my church, Blackhawk, put together last year about Kenya and Beacon.

The line for the med clinic in Bissil. Photo by H Hassenzahl.

Our team site is here if you'd like to check us out! I'll be posting here and sending email updates along the way!

The line at the med clinic pharmacy window. Photo by H Hassenzahl.
The line forming in Machakos. Photo by H Hassenzahl.

I am so excited about this upcoming adventure. Please stay tuned for more details and information I get closer to my departure! If you want to donate, leave a comment and I'll get you the information!

No comments: