Friday, June 17, 2011

My Friday Ramble

How are you spending this weekend? I hope you're all doing something special for the dads in your life.

I sent my father his gifts home with my mom last weekend. I got him two serious gifts -- a car mount for his Zune and a PGA golf shirt -- and then I got him a funny gift. We always joke about "happy pills" in my family, so I made him a container of happy pills for happy Father's Day. My mom said he got a kick out of it!


 I already caved and gave J his gifts from the pups...


And we are going to visit my FIL tomorrow even though we mailed his gift already.

I really think time with the dads in your life is so important. You can learn so much and create such great memories if you just take a little time to truly spend time with them, doing what they like, asking their opinions and really listening to their responses. I'm always amazed at how much knowledge my dad has ABOUT EVERYTHING. I have been so blessed to have an amazing father, an incredible father-in-law and a wonderful husband that loves our pups more than anything.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend! We're celebrating a friend's birthday tonight, harvesting the garden and visiting the in-laws tomorrow and a girl's day on Sunday. Should be fun!

No comments: