Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Learning Patience

Patience is something I'm still working on... patience in God's timing, patience in baby boy's timing, patience in J's timing, patience in all things. I'm known for the mentality of "if I want it done now and I want it done right, I need to do it." Well, pregnancy and its fatigue has helped me welcome "help." But along with requiring "help," I've had to attempt to learn patience, or at least embrace it more successfully. I feel like I have a long way to go with patience before baby boy arrives, which might be why God surprised me with a new test just this week!

I ordered my beautiful God-daughter a special gift for Christmas. I ordered this on September 2nd because the store gets so busy that they shut-down new orders by mid-October and I knew this was what I wanted to get her. I have waited and waited and waited for nearly SEVEN weeks to get this perfect gift to wrap for Christmas. It was so hard to be patient. I kept checking my order status to see if my handmade, custom order had shipped or if any new posting had shown up. The more days that crept by the more excited and anxious I was getting (kind of like how I'm getting more excited to meet our little one as each day goes by).

Anyway, this week, it arrived. Holy cow! When I saw that big package from California, my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't WAIT to rip open that package and see how they'd turned my vision into reality for my special girl.

J did the honors because I was too excited. Instead of pulling out the item, he gives me a sideways glance (= never a good sign). Long story short, they sent us the wrong item. Whoa disappointment. J keeps reminding me that they'll take care of it.Which they are, but that requires PATIENCE!

So, you see, I'm being forced to be patient once again. Patience, patience, patience.

I just have to be patient! The gift will be here before Christmas, my little guy will arrive when he is ready to bless us with his beautiful face and when I ask for a favor I need to be patient for it to get done. Baby steps...

No comments: