Tuesday, November 1, 2011

She was cookin' and bakin'!

What do you do when you're sad/lonely/upset/etc? Well, typically I craft or read, but my new book doesn't get delivered until this afternoon and I didn't have the energy to craft so I cooked and baked instead. J came home to find me with the Disney TV Halloweentown movie marathon on, the sink full of dishes, the dishwasher running, the oven full of goodies and a counter full of chickpeas. Whoops. He might've regretted leaving me alone!

I was craving crunchy and sweet... separate not together... so I decided to make red velvet cookies, roasted chickpeas and an ooey-gooey butter cake. J made me puppy chow a few days ago so I had that to sustain me while I was baking away... and puppy chow IS both sweet AND crunchy.

I figured I'd share the ooey-gooey butter cake recipe, since I've already shared the other recipes with you previously. I like Paula Deen's recipe the best. You can find her full ingredient list and instructions here.

First you gather and get out all the ingredients.


 Then you mix together an egg, the butter and the cake mix. Then you press it into the base of the 9x13 pan.


Once the base is in the pan, you can start mixing up the "gooey" part, which involves cream cheese and lots of sugar!


Pour the "ooey-gooey" mixture onto the base.


Bake, cool and eat!


Then send the leftovers to work with your husband because you really only wanted a taste! :)

No comments: