Thursday, October 24, 2013

Filter

I really enjoy taking pictures. With my iPhone, with my DSLR, doesn't matter... I just like capturing the moment. 

I've still got a lot to learn about my manual DSLR settings but I've taken some classes and I think I can get some ok shots. But anything from my DSLR comes directly to you SOOTC (straight out of the camera). No editing, cropping, filters, etc. You're getting it exactly how it was taken. 

Photos from my iPhone, on the other hand, are largely edited. Typically cropped, sometimes adjusted with filters and lighting. The apps just make it so easy to transform your photo with a few swipes. My favorite is Pic-Tap-Go but there are many you can use. 

Here are some sweet pictures I captured while playing outside yesterday. 

This one is just as I took it. A little dark, he's obviously hidden in the shade, and the coloration is just off. 


Here's another photo where I lightened up the photo and then added some warmth so Daredevil wouldn't look so washed out. 


On this one I lightened it and then used the filter "fade to autumn" to give it a deeper, more saturated warmth. 


Do you use photo apps? What one am I missing? What one do you prefer? 

No comments: