Thursday, December 15, 2011

32 Weeks -- 8 Months Along!

Did you know that 90% of babies born at 32 weeks or beyond survive? Our little one needs to cook for at least another month but then he can come meet us whenever he is ready! I am already ready, but I know he isn't! Together he and I just keep growing and we keep loving egg mcmuffins!



Anyway, this week has been a lot of Christmas activities but we're still keeping busy on baby activities, too. We had our baby ready pets class with the Humane Society on Tuesday and I picked up the Vaccine book yesterday.We're picking out the last of the artwork for the nursery, letting the dogs get more used to babies crying and researching vaccines.



And, between you and me, I get the nursery all set up and then we have another shower with so many other blessings that the nursery returns to its disaster state.... see below. I'm hoping to get back in there this weekend and finish a lot of things up!


How far along? 32 Weeks -- 8 months!!!
Total weight gain/loss: 14 lbs (yikes!!)
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Sleep: Still requiring lots of sleep and still able to get a lot of quality sleep (thank goodness)! Leg cramps started Tuesday night... hoping it was a fluke! Drinking more water and eating more bananas... fingers crossed.
Best moment this week: Getting to see my beautiful baby through a 4D ultrasound.


That was worth every penny and so exciting. I just can't WAIT to meet him! Attending a wonderful baby shower with all of my dear friends from Madison and my in-laws at my favorite Italian restaurant. And, then having a Christmas get-together at our home afterward. What a blessed week!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my belly!
Movement: Yes, since he's head down and "locked and loaded" the somersaults have stopped but the kicking and jabs continue. Still not many that wake me up from my deep slumber.
Food cravings: Eggs, raw vegetables... food in general. I feel like I'm constantly munching but never in the mood for a full meal.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Flat as a pancake.
Wedding rings on or off? I can only wear my wedding band at this point and it is kind of getting snug now, too.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but ready to relax now that our Christmas celebrations are over with our extended families!
Looking forward to: Our newborn class this Saturday...so excited to learn all about the transition to parenthood.

No comments: