Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Making it Real!

I can hardly wait to meet our little guy! His room is filling up, his space in my belly is filling up and he is getting stronger every day. But nothing, and I mean nothing, has made it more REAL than our weekend activities.

We installed the car seat in the Blazer and the additional base in my car. It is such a reminder everytime we look in the back and see his little car seat that soon soon soon we'll have someone to put in there!


On Sunday night, we took our hospital OB tour. It is quite a long walk to Labor and Delivery so J and I joked continually about how fun it will be with me having 3-4 minute apart contractions driving our 21 minutes to the hospital and then walking the long corridors to L&D. Haha!


 In all seriousness though, the visit really made this real. I will birth my little guy in one of those rooms. One of those kind nurses will help me along the way to transition my baby boy to life smoothly and seamlessly. When we talked about those first few moments with my son, I got really emotional. I just absolutely cannot wait to meet him and love on him and watch J love on him. We talk about it all the time. I know he still needs to get bigger and stronger, but I am so excited, so ready.

No comments: