Tuesday, March 5, 2013

In Sickness and Jury Duty??

We have been sick, sick, sick round these parts. Daredevil caught a cold, which then I caught from him. .His seems to be clearing up and mine has progressively gotten worse. I've already been to urgent care and I may have to return to the doctor. No fun. I am miserable.

I will say that Mr Tech Guy is wonderful and on Saturday I woke up from a three hour nap to find these goodies....


...homemade chicken noodle soup, freshly brewed ice tea and the new Twilight movie! I am so spoiled blessed. Mr Tech Guy and Twin even took Daredevil on a guy date once we woke up so I could continue to rest.


Even with all that rest, I'm still miserable...maybe even getting worse? And, on top of my misery, I had the joy of jury duty/selection this week. It was awful trying to choke back my coughs and sniffle my sneezes. Even the other jurors commented on how horrible I sounded. It wasn't a fun experience. I just kept wanting to get home to nap with my sweet, snuggly Daredevil. Regardless, I'm glad I went and served my duty but I'm glad that it's over. Now, I really need a nap.

Since I had jury duty, Nene came to visit and take care of Daredevil. They had fun playing and going to music class together. We really appreciate her! Thank goodness for grandparents.

We're getting 6-10 inches of snow so we are bundled up for the day (we already have over a foot on the ground)! This could potentially be our last snowstorm of the season... I'm kind of sentimental about it. It's been a fun season with lots of sledding and playing. Daredevil LOVES touching the snow and catching the snowflakes with his tongue. But I am so ready to plant my garden and play outside (without billions of layers). What are you most looking forward to this spring?? I can't wait for open windows and a warm breeze. Reminds me of high school track and field weather, chilly and lovely.

No comments: