Thursday, March 28, 2013

Parenting Books

Soon-to-be parents from across the land, hear me! Please, when you're pregnant. read about parenting not pregnancy. Pregnancy books just scare you. Parenting books are useful - well, and hilarious - in this case.

I've found THE BEST parenting book ever. I read it when Daredevil was a wee one and I agreed with almost EVERYTHING in the book. It helps you be laid back in parenting, helps you roll with the punches. Pass over the "What to expect" and pick up this instead. How to Have Your Second Child First, it's a good one. It's realistic. Doesn't beat you up for being less than perfect. I loved it. It helped me let go of my perfectionism in parenting.



And, while you're at it, pick up these, too! You won't regret it and when you're up at all hours nursing/feeding it can provide some good laughs.


Bossypants by Tina Fey and I Just Want to Pee Alone.

No comments: