Friday, October 31, 2008

An angel on the bus...

Today I saw an angel on the south loop bus.... and then there was a cat in the elevator. Did I mention that I almost hit a (real) squirrel this morning, too? Wow - it is Halloween!

I hope you're all enjoying the Halloween spirit. It's my LEAST favorite holiday, but Jared and I do like handing out candy to trick-or-treaters and eating the pumpkin shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's. We also watch witchy movies... Sabrina's Halloween episodes, Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown Series, Beetlejuice...etc. We love staying in with candles lit, movies on and pizza in our bellies. But as for the whole get dressed up, being scary thing... it's not us!

But there's a huge Freakfest tomorrow in Madison and OAR is headlining. We were so excited to see OAR but then we realized that we already had plans to be in Chicago for a family get-together. We're going on a coffee tour, a Frank Llyod Wright house tour and out to dinner. Then we're heading home late Saturday. It should be fun, but a busy day.

What else, what else... oh, today is the first ever fall Open House at Butler. I'm actually sad deep in my heart that I'm not there... planning it, working it and just being there for it. I know that it was time for me to move on when we moved here but I still miss my old job. Someday I'll have a new job that I love as much as I loved that one.

Happy trick-or-treating!

No comments: