Friday, October 10, 2008

The Visit

Thank God it's Friday! What a week! And.... drumroll please... my parents come tonight!!!! I couldn't be happier -- think the song from Wicked! They should arrive just as I get off of work and they're staying through Monday morning before heading home. Then, a week from Monday, they leave for Arizona. I don't think that we have much on our agenda but it should be a beautiful fall weekend here in Madison and I think we'll take advantage of that. I know we'll be at the Farmer's Market on Saturday and I think we may go to a pumpkin patch with horse-drawn hayrides! I love carving pumpkins and last year Jared, my dad and I all carved pumpkins the night we brought Phinneas home from the shelter in Ohio! He was so tiny and I had no idea he'd be my best friend and kindred spirit. (Last night we watched Sabrina the Teenage Witch - The Movie together!) Anyway, I thought it might be fun. All I want this weekend is a cup of hot apple cider and a lot of hang out time with my mom and dad. We might even paint the garage... we'll see!

By the way, no luck in finding Dan last night... we'll look again on Monday.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: