Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Greatest Spectacle in Racing!

That's right, it's the Indy 500! I grew up with the sights and sounds of the Indy 500. Listening to the race on the radio while jumping through the sprinkler in the backyard or playing my aunt's pool. The Indy 500 provided the soundtrack for my spring-time growing up... the trials, carb day, the princesses, etc... it is part of my history.

It's interesting how things that are seemingly in the background growing up end up impacting you more than you think. A lot of my friends now work in the racing industry. Even though I'm in the Badger state, this Hoosier still knows the importance of race day. I just wish I could hear the squeal of tires and powerful engines from my backyard.

Here's to great weather and a safe race for all the drivers! Gentlemen, start your engines!!!!

No comments: