Friday, September 9, 2011

Home is Where the Heart Is!

I'd seen on pinterest where someone glued coins to a cardboard letter to get a really cool effect... 

I'll wait why you go check it out...

See? I told you so.

Anyway, I knew that would be great to do in our house, too, expect I realized that nickels and pennies wouldn't really work and dimes would add up and fast!

I even tried nickels again to see how they looked... just too big for my piece but the clear stones gave us the same sparkle and shine for a fraction of the price and they scaled more appropriately to the piece.


Once I decided on the marbles, I started gluing.


And I kept on gluing for two hours! (No joke!)


But I ended up with a really cute and inexpensive project, even if it did take quite a while. This is going to go in our new guest bedroom. The room is ready but nothing is on the wall yet. I'll show you the final project once it's up!

No comments: