Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Nursery Details

We are designing the nursery to be very gender neutral. Even though we are finding out what we're having NEXT week, we wanted the basics to be very gender neutral. Although, I'm already planning ways to incorporate navy or pink depending.

Here are the inspirations I used to draw ideas from. And, yes, I do realize that some are bathrooms. I'm unconventional, ok? (Images from Pinterest)

 

Using these ideas, we went with a pale green for the walls, bright white wainscoting, and a Jenny Lind crib.



Of course I don't like any crib sets you can buy in a store, so I have dear loved ones that are making me some! The nursery rocker will be reupholstered in an abstract gray print. The crib set will be done in this to incorporate the orange.

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=89c90237-1957-41be-ad40-8e2db15ab7a6

I've asked for a special blanket and quilt to be made, too!


And we found this mobile for the nursery, too, since we're using gray as an accent. We registered for it, I hope we get it! How cute!!?! I love it! If push comes to shove, I think I could make one...

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/lamb-mobile-2011/?pkey=rromnurlmb

I also bought this off etsy to go at the entrance of the room. It is just perfect. Not only the verse but the colors, too. It was meant to be.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64982925/i-prayed-for-this-child-bible-verse-art

I'm sure as we get closer and closer, it will all start to fall into place a little bit more. But we're off to a good start.

No comments: